What better way to start the school year than with an ORGANIZING PARTY!
This year Simplicity hosted their 3rd annual Back to School Organizing Party for the 6th grade girls at Trinity Episcopal School.
It is the perfect time for classmates to catch up on life, meet new friends, and learn new organizing strategies before school begins!
From recognizing the benefits of getting organized, to creating a morning routine, to learning how to utilize a planner and organizing a backpack – the basics of school organization were covered!
Getting to know each other!
BENEFITS OF GETTING ORGANIZED
LEARNING TO CREATE A MORNING ROUTINE!
GET TO SCHOOL ON TIME!
Simplicity’s Top 10 Study Tips
- Create a designated study space-where there are few distractions.
- Make sure you have all the school supplies you need in one area.
- Use drawer dividers-to help keep your space organized.
- Determine your best study time-when you are most productive and focused.
- Take a 5 minute break every 30 minutes.
- Keep the top of your desk clear-so you have less distractions and more space to spread out.
- Avoid time wasters (internet, phone, tv, video games)
- Keep a master calendar to view the big picture of all your commitments, events, and projects.
- If you feel like you don’t have enough downtime in your schedule, cut back on some of your commitments.
- Pack your backpack and lunch the night before to avoid a rush in the morning.
To encourage these students to take some of Simplicity’s organizing tips and apply them in their own home, Simplicity held a contest. The winner of the contest had to answer questions and take pictures or video of their space.
Congratulations to Millie Saydlowski for winning the Simplicity Kids organizing contest!
Remember organizing is often a learned skill. If you are interested in learning more organization for you or your child, consider attending our Fletcher Parent Workshop or contact Simplicity directly.